How did you discover Mythic Scribes?

Discussion in 'Ask the Staff' started by Black Dragon, May 2, 2011.

1. Noma Galway

Noma Galway Archmage

I haven't done this yet, but I think I probably should. I was looking up some information on archery, and Google led me to the "ask me about archery" thread. I looked around the site a bit more (After finding the information I needed--thanks guys!) and was hooked. So I joined. But I have been spending way too much time here :/. Oh well...it's research, right??

Black Dragon likes this.
  2. Michael J. Tobias

Michael J. Tobias Scribe

I found it via a link that was shared on another writing group, but now which writing group escapes me, since I saved the link to instapaper and didn't bother to record the source. After reading the article to which the link pointed, I read a couple more and decided to register for the forums, and the rest is future ;)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    Black Dragon likes this.
  3. Anniekins

Anniekins Dreamer

I'd googled 'writing aids' and a post came up about 'the timeline project'... after that i decided to join.

Black Dragon likes this.
  4. Logos&Eidos

Logos&Eidos Sage

I don't even remember I was searching for either writing sites or world building and this one Mythic Scribes came up.

Black Dragon likes this.
  5. PS1

PS1 New Member

I think I Googled something about wordcount per chapter for a YA fantasy. Lots of forum posts in the responses but this one looked promising. :)

Black Dragon likes this.
  6. Maurice

Maurice Dreamer

Searched on Google.

Black Dragon likes this.
  7. Hananas59

Hananas59 Dreamer

I found this on Google, searching for worldbuilder forums.

Lunaairis and Black Dragon like this.
  8. KairiLayne

KairiLayne Acolyte

I found this great site by conducting research on starting a cult. "Diabolical Cult" caught my attention. I enjoyed the article so much that I keep coming back. No, I'm not going to personally start a cult, but my lead character in my new novel is.

Black Dragon likes this.
  9. Tom

Tom Istar

Searching for writing advice on archery in fantasy, and stumbled upon Caged Maiden's article here. I lurked about for a few weeks before joining, mostly to make sure it was my sort of thing. It was!

Black Dragon likes this.
  10. sankunai

sankunai Scribe

I was searching for writing communities, and this one popped up on google. There were a few others, but this one drew me in!

Black Dragon likes this.
  11. Philster401

Philster401 Maester

I was looking for help for making fantasy capitals so I came across this site and looked around this website for a bit then signed up.

12. ArenRax

ArenRax Sage

I did the exact same thing. and so far this is the best Fantasy writers forum that i have found.

Black Dragon likes this.
  13. Mark

Mark Scribe

Duck Duck Go

Black Dragon likes this.
  14. Reilith

Reilith Sage

Googled for fantasy writing forums. It was at the top of the page. I entered, liked what I see and voila. :)

Black Dragon likes this.
  15. AnxietyDragon

AnxietyDragon Acolyte

Hey - i was looking for some ideas for a section in my graphic novel and i goggled - fantasy writer forums

you were on the first page and i liked the look of this one!

Black Dragon likes this.
  16. Blink

Blink Acolyte

I googled "fantasy writing forum" . This site was the first result. Good statistics I suppose.

When I was a wee lad I would participate in forum role-play. I thought I would rekindle the old flame.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    Black Dragon and Ireth like this.
  17. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

If it's roleplay you're after, we've got a lot of that! Check out Dragon's Egg, Flat Earth and Winds of Ysgard to see if anything tickles your fancy. :D I have no idea if the Mythic Archipelago is still in action.

Black Dragon likes this.
  18. SD Stevens

SD Stevens Scribe

Threw Twitter [emoji2] you guys followed me so your effort made me curious [emoji2] and it was well worth it too. I love this place. Everything you need all in one place and plenty of adults. I have found a lot of writing communities that are over run with kids writing anime stuff!! Don't get me wrong I don't have a problem with kids/teens but it has to have a balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Dragon likes this.
  19. Sonichen

Sonichen Guest

I did a search on Yahoo.

Black Dragon likes this.
  20. AkamaruGames

AkamaruGames Sage

Googled for writing forums and came across this.

Black Dragon likes this.