• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

How old are you?

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
I'm turning 31 in 10 days.....
It isn't so bad, being old... I have the same body I had when I was 19, but now I have more money....

Simbelmyne

Dreamer
I'm older than a couple of you younger ones put together! That's as close as anybody's going to get me to revealing my age. Some days I feel so worn and stretched thin. But my mind holds my childhood dream of being a writer in the forefront now. And I haven't let go of my daydreams and even my emotional immaturity. I am determined not to become some old grouch who complains about politics and things they have no control over...and I stay away from saying, "Well, back when I was your age we would..." Haha. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone, and I'm thankful there's people over 30 on here. (As opposed to the writing community I'm part of...it's mostly teens. No offense intended to you teens, it's just nice to have more of a mix!)

kennyc

Inkling
I'm older than a couple of you younger ones put together! That's as close as anybody's going to get me to revealing my age. Some days I feel so worn and stretched thin. ...

What? With an avatar like that! :)

Buncha young whippersnappers 'round here, I'm about three of 'em put together -- quickly approaching my 6th decade on the planet, and working on re-kickstarting a buncha young butt...oh no wait....re-kickstarting my writing career and getting out of 'working for the man all night an' all day'

Last edited:

Simbelmyne

Dreamer
Hi kennyc, it's nice to meet you! Isn't it great that becoming a good writer can happen at any age? The dreams that are ageless are very few, but writing is certainly one of them! I'm dreaming big, and I'm hoping you are too, because after all...it really could happen! (writing as a career, as opposed to working for the man!)

kennyc

Inkling
Hi kennyc, it's nice to meet you! Isn't it great that becoming a good writer can happen at any age? The dreams that are ageless are very few, but writing is certainly one of them! I'm dreaming big, and I'm hoping you are too, because after all...it really could happen! (writing as a career, as opposed to working for the man!)

Absolutely!! There are a number of well-know writers that started late in life....it's a great time....and I'm aiming to add my name to that list. :)

Argentum

Troubadour
I'm 22. Turning 23 in a couple months. At least I think I am. I often forget my own age. I tell you, if I didn't remember the year I was born, I'd be in trouble every few days. :p