• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

How old are you?

Sevvie

Dreamer
I'm 20, but I look younger. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I get handed kids menus at restaurants a startling number of times... :/ My face may say "Young" but my body sure doesn't.

Argentum

Troubadour
Looking young is a great thing! Especially when you get older. When I was 18, an adult friend thought I was 14 years old. When I was working as a bagger in a grocery store, all the other young teens thought I was younger than them, 16 or something. I had to show them my liscense in order to get them to believe I was actually 21 (at the time). Now, in Korea, everyone looks younger than they are. I went to an anime convention and they told me I looked like my friend's mother.....

Angharad

Troubadour
It's good to see so many young'uns into writing! I'm not going to reveal my actual age, but my oldest daughter just graduated from college! That being said, I don't feel much different than when I was 21, either physically or mentally. A bit less stamina, perhaps. I have wanted to write since I was in elementary school, but as it was not likely to pay the bills, I had to actually get a day job, which set back my writing career a few decades. I am making up for it now.

I'm 26, and feel about that old. Recently moved back to the same town where I went to college... that made me feel a lot older.

Not the oldest, but definitely not the youngest. If I had children, they'd probably have children of their own. Had a herniated disk 10 years ago, so I feel your pain, Kate. Literally.

As I get older, I find that history does repeat itself and that people are more alike than they are different. If you suffer from boredom at any point, however, you're doing life wrong. There are always new reflections and combinations of old ideas, if not new ideas.

I am 25, my body is already going down hill haha, recently found out I can not eat gluten (Wheat, Barley, Rye)

Last edited:

Misusscarlet

Minstrel
Just turned 22 in June. I thought I was old when I hit 20. I was telling my dad who is social security age that I hate being 1/5 of a century old!

Superderek

Dreamer
I'm going to be 21 in November 13th of this year. I want to make this one special for some reason. I look forward to all the cheesecake I always have! :>

41 working on 42, but I refuse to be old. Some days I can be as grouchy as an old person, but I chalk that up to wisdom. Yah, that's it...

I think the term 'whippersnapper' was aged when I was young enough to be classified as one. I never actually heard it used outside of tv though. I think you'll be fine.