• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Man in Mauve has arrived

ManinMauve

Acolyte
  • My username is ManInMauve, as in a man in mauve. I've been dubbed as Manny, and Muuv. So, Manny or Muuv are acceptable (and loved) nicknames.
  • You can also call me, Niall. (Yes, like the singer.)
  • I'm an old fart. A crotchety old fart, but I still love to have fun even when I'm grumpy. (Sort of like Waldorf and Statler -- the grumpy old Muppets that complain and laugh about everything.)
  • I'm trying to get a variety of things going in my life while helping a post-op family member, and will likely not post as frequently as I should over here. I will, however, do what I can fit it into my schedule.
  • I do many things and want to up my game in many areas; including sewing, journaling, handwriting, hiking, and crafting.
  • I love to read a variety of genres(romance, horror, action/adventure, fantasy, among others), and am looking to finish a number of writing projects. After I've gotten through a number of my writing projects, I want to expand upon my writing by trying my hand at different genres and writing styles or techniques.
  • I take part in Sunday night DnD sessions. I play a Dirge Bard Gnoll.
  • I love to use DnD (among other things) to help me organize characters or even bolster certain areas of my characters.
  • I’m a cue card junkie — I love to use cue cards to help me create characters and stories, as well as take notes.
  • Ask me about music, movies, books, authors, and video games that I love, if you’d like to know.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Howdy Manny, welcome to scirbes.

What is the most recent movie you would be excited to recommend to someone else?

ManinMauve

Acolyte
Howdy Manny, welcome to scirbes.

What is the most recent movie you would be excited to recommend to someone else?
Oh, most recent?
Most recent that I’ve watched and would want to suggest would be: A Letter to Momo. It’s a story of a girl mourning the lose of her father, and her attempts to find meaning in a letter that he never finished. The letter simply read, “Dear Momo.”
It illustrates the depth of words, how important they are and the gravity that they hold.

Most recent release that I would likely suggest would be: Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna. The truest end for the Digidestined that many 90’s kids would know, and recognize. Tai, Matt, and the other Digidestined kids have started to grow up, are pursuing their own paths, and have been faced with the reality of every Digidestined. The reality that their Digivice will begin a countdown until the connection that they hold with their partner is about to end. Tai and Matt are faced with this reality.
It gives many 90’s kids like me that bit of closure for the adventures, and shows what happens to the Digidestined. While also depicting sacrifice, responsibility, and how growing up and facing the future aren’t the same. It also depicts how some people can grow up faster than others.

Both are great works that show transitional times for characters while they deal with grief, and can be easily digested by their target audience… Children.

Though, if I’m being honest, I would be most excited to suggest the recently released movie, Cult Hero. Which is honestly one that I have yet to see, but am so keen on it because it’s literally my favourite kind of horror. One that sets out to entertain while they might provide some scares, instead of solely being about scares.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well, I dont know that one, so I will go look for it. Cult hero seems like a quirky mayhem comedy.

ManinMauve

Acolyte
This reminds me of the book Nabokov's Favorite Word is Mauve.

Welcome!
I’m glad that you brought that book to my attention. It looks like a good read. I wish I could say that my username was some allusion to it, but I actually ended up with it over a whim.
It’s spawned into a bit of entertainment for me as I’ve watched people struggle to pronounce mauve, properly. Which is why I’ve been dubbed ‘Muuv’ (MUH-ve).

Well, I dont know that one, so I will go look for it. Cult hero seems like a quirky mayhem comedy.
Good luck in your search. I know that it just premiered and released, and I believe the company that made it is pretty small. So it might not be readily available.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
The mauve book is fascinating in parts and average in others, but it is interesting, no doubt. Plus, it helps confirm my own bias against -ly adverbs, heh heh. At least in adult fiction. The writer wrote lazily.