• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Mandalorian Spoiler Thread

So far, I think it's a solid first episode. That bar fight scene at the beginning was pimp.

Okay so, Baby Yoda thing. BABY YODA THING! And it's wanted by the empire remnants. WTF is going on guys?

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
It has a wild west flavor, a bit like how A New Hope had a bit of that element. Through two episodes my interest is waning... I hold out hope. The Child is cute, but... I dunno, it worries me.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I'm enjoying the series. The characters are interesting, the "package" was a fun surprise, the production value is incredible.

I would say it's actual plot so far has been pretty standard. Ruthless killer refuses to let the baby die and switches sides. The Star Wars trappings are awesome, and the action is pretty good, but the bones of this story so far are your cookie cutter killer hero. It's still an exciting show to watch.

The next time someone says the hero can't wear a helmet, the Mandalorian is the response.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I'm enjoying it as well. The kid doesn't bother me. I thought the third episode was the strongest yet.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
I’m still in the I’ll watch, but “meh” category. I am an old school Boba Fett guy so I love the bounty hunter and styling, but the story so far is squishy with potential, and my faith in the Star Wars universe and its storytellers has faded. Now, if I were 18 again, I’d probably be digging it, heh heh.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I’m still in the I’ll watch, but “meh” category. I am an old school Boba Fett guy so I love the bounty hunter and styling, but the story so far is squishy with potential, and my faith in the Star Wars universe and its storytellers has faded. Now, if I were 18 again, I’d probably be digging it, heh heh.

All the guys showing up with their jet packs was pretty cool :)

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Oddly enough, I liked the scene right until all the backpacks showed up. I wanted to see Mando fight his way out by brute force or by guile or a combination. The hero is getting bailed out too often for my taste, although I like story potential it all builds on. The gotta get me one of those comments made me chuckle and groan at the same time, so I’ll accept that, heh heh.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I had a similar thought about the rescue, but I think the potential for that kind of character development in place, and I thought the image of all the Mandalorians flying in was still cool :)

I'm loving it so far. Ep. 3 was easily the best episode yet.

I'm still on the fence re: its future. I want to see where it goes. These short episodes, particularly the way they are styled and threaded, leave so much unsaid, undeveloped, under foreshadowed...well, it could go just about any direction, which includes flopping weakly near the end. So, I'll wait and see.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I'm going to know how much I like the show once I see Episode 4, I think.

It could be kind of a turning point for the plot. The Mandolorian has a choice about where to go next. Most likely he regroups with "I have spoken" guy, but where he goes from there is anyone's guess. Luke Skywalker is the "Last Jedi" at this point in the timeline, so he seems like a good safe place to take the child, maybe in season 2.

It could be kind of a turning point for the plot. The Mandolorian has a choice about where to go next. Most likely he regroups with "I have spoken" guy, but where he goes from there is anyone's guess. Luke Skywalker is the "Last Jedi" at this point in the timeline, so he seems like a good safe place to take the child, maybe in season 2.
We're getting a Yoda force-sensitive Mandalorian.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
We got a filler episode?

Filler? No, it's Mando's first, maybe second try/fail cycle in his arc towards accepting his role with the child. The first was turning him in, and the second, now, was dropping him somewhere safe - there's nowhere that's safe.

Filler? No, it's Mando's first, maybe second try/fail cycle in his arc towards accepting his role with the child. The first was turning him in, and the second, now, was dropping him somewhere safe - there's nowhere that's safe.

I feel as if that could have been done without devoting a whole episode to the familiar trope of stranger riding into town to save the helpless folk from local baddies.