1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

What do you listen to?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Elder the Dwarf, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Nihal

Nihal Vala

I'm entering in an anime OST phase again, I've even been listening to a little j-pop again (not the music below).

This anime is a big disappointment, but it has Yuki Kajiura's soundtrack. Her use of cellos is awesome!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2017
  2. Filk

Filk Troubadour

Stoner/doom/black/death/thrash/nwobhm metal, powerviolence, some punk and hardcore and a wide variety of classic rock. Roky Erikson is great too.

Currently have Absu, Carcass, Finntroll, Bolt Thrower, and Dead Meadow on my realplayer.

S.T. Ockenner likes this.
  3. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

I just downloaded the Double Dragon Neon soundtrack. The developer allows you to download it for free. (You're given the option to pay, but if you name a price of zero it does NOT ask for any credit card or personal information.) I wish I could download the game (for money), since I don't have an XBox or PlayStation. I love the character artist's work.

If you download, tracks 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 20 and 25 are remixes from the original game; 7 and 17 are from DDII; and 23 is awesomely 70's-cop-showish.

4. Sheilawisz

Sheilawisz Queen of Titania Moderator

My great friend from Madrid (we chat almost everyday) has recently introduced me to this wonderful band called Lyriel, and so far I have loved many different songs by them =)

In particular, Enchanted Moonlight has been a great inspiration for me to imagine and write my recent story The Lonely Bones.

I hope that you will like it!!

[video=youtube_share;z7BpYu_LlSo]http://youtu.be/z7BpYu_LlSo[/video]

Aidan of the tavern and Nihal like this.
  5. Nihal

Nihal Vala

I liked it. Makes me nostalgic, I know it has many differences, but this melody evokes a similar feeling of when I hear another band called Shaman. Here, I used to hear their music a lot:

(This one has a slow start)

6. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

Good stuff here:

7. jakilgore

jakilgore Acolyte

Music and writing, for me, has always gone hand in hand. Music really drives the mood for the scene that I'm creating at the time. As of right now, I'm really enjoying Coheed and Cambria. If you've never heard of them, think Rush and Iron Maiden had a demented son, and that is Coheed and Cambria.

Also, any kind of instrumental music seems to fill the void while I am clack-clacking away. Artists like Andy Mckee, and Don Ross (both are neo-classical guitarists) are extremely easy to listen to. The songs seem to take on a form of a tale on their own, so that is intriguing.

8. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Meat Loaf - Two Out of Three Ain't Bad - YouTube

$1089 for Meatloaf in Hamburg cinco de mayo with no rest, for crying out loud, I'd go like a bat out of hell, even two out of three ain't bad, I'd even turn the car around, because objects appear larger, and it would be paradise by the dashboard lights if I could see him in concert, and Heaven can wait.

9. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

Meatloaf is great. Objects in the Rearview Mirror is excellent.

10. FatCat

FatCat Maester

I drink three cups of coffee and listen to this full blast while writing. Needless to say, my neighbors love me. Can anyone say mandatory DJ!

11. I saw this guy live in a pub, he's a really awsome blues-rock guitarist!

12. Ophiucha

Ophiucha Auror

I have ridiculously indiscriminate tastes. The only things I don't like are The Beatles and indie rock, and I may have found a band (Imagine Dragons) that is an exception to the latter. In the past couple of weeks, I've been listening to the Fallout: New Vegas soundtrack (which is mostly late '50s/early '60s music), a few different British female rappers, some Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, and the film soundtrack to Les Miserables.

13. PlotHolio

PlotHolio Sage

I listen to a lot of different stuff, depending on my mood. When I'm writing, though, it's usually some sort of epic metal.

But sometimes, I listen to this:
    [video=youtube_share;Zp1BYzIVi0U]http://youtu.be/Zp1BYzIVi0U[/video]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  14. chaos-in-spades

chaos-in-spades Acolyte

Lately I've been addicted to Brand New (hence my avatar), but I listen to basically anything, from Opeth to Lady Gaga. I also find Florence + The Machine to be great writing music.

15. PlotHolio

PlotHolio Sage

I like their lyrics, especially in songs like Cosmic Love, but there's just something about the instrument parts that doesn't work for me.

16. FatCat

FatCat Maester

Just because I love Fear and Loathing.

17. FatCat

FatCat Maester

Pandora is bringing up all kinds of good stuff for me!

18. DSCroxford

DSCroxford Scribe

I listen to a lot of music which can be a big distraction to me, I find myself trying to write and suddenly a chorus will break and I will be joining in or a guitar solo plays and I feel the urge to jump up, whip out the air guitar and join in, much to the mirth of people that may be near me.
    I seem to be stuck on Elbow and Coldplay at the moment, which do not always help my mood or motivation to get things done. :p