• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What do you listen to?

C

Chessie

Honestly, I was first drawn to her (amazing) dreads and discovered something beautiful:

Last edited by a moderator:
Generally I listen to a lot of Christian rap... cough cough NF Intro... anyways, I have actually got into a funk of classical (like 1500's, the true classics) and then 60's, 70's and 80's. Maybe some nineties. Anyways, I really like New Kids on the Block, The Commodores, and then just random sets of songs I've been hearing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm addicted to remixes of Hans Zimmer's Time. There are like 20 dubstep/electronic ones. Some are terrible. Some are not. Some are unrecognizable. Some of the unrecognizable ones are actually quite cool...

Let's see...

Has anyone heard of Crywolf?

Also, the usual Two Steps From Hell, Really Slow Motion, and audiomachine, but my sky high expectations for TSFH's album Vanquish were disappointed.

Lisselle

Minstrel
Hi. :) When I'm driving, which I LOVE, I listen to everything; Metallica, 80's, Beach Boys, Bobby Darin, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, The Doors, Pink Floyd, the Rolling Stones, the Beatles, Marilyn Manson, Mozart... the list goes on.
When I write I listen to The soundtrack from The Lord of the Rings, by Howard Shore, and also Two steps from Hell and Audiomachine.

Hi. :) When I'm driving, which I LOVE, I listen to everything; Metallica, 80's, Beach Boys, Bobby Darin, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, The Doors, Pink Floyd, the Rolling Stones, the Beatles, Marilyn Manson, Mozart... the list goes on.
When I write I listen to The soundtrack from The Lord of the Rings, by Howard Shore, and also Two steps from Hell and Audiomachine.

You have excellent taste in music :D

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I just discovered Empathy Test and this song of theirs. The imagery summoned up by the first verse really speaks to me and the track's been going on repeat for the last few days here.

C

Chessie

I seriously love Steve Winwood. What a jam!

C

Chessie

For my romance scene of the day but really, this song always reminds me of my husband. :D

kabe

Acolyte
Well, *this week*....
Kauan - Aava Tuulen Maa (a great album, sort-of ambient prog)
Kauan-Aava Tuulen Maa full album - YouTube
Horrorshow - Push / Dead Star Shine / All Summer Long / In My Haze / Gray Space album (maybe the best Australian hip-hop outfit IMO)
Horrorshow - Push feat. Taj Ralph (Official Video) - YouTube
Hilltop Hoods - Drinking From The Sun album (the *other* best Australian hip-hop outfit, for me)
[HD] Hilltop Hoods - Drinking From The Sun ( Lyrics ) - YouTube
King Crimson - Indiscipline album
King Crimson, Frame by Frame - YouTube
Leprous - The Congregation (great progressive sort-of-metal)
Leprous - The Congregation (Full Album) - YouTube
Black Sabbath - Mob Rules album
Wormrot - Dirge (for madness moments)
My usual go-to's are New Model Army (followed them for more years than I'm comfortable saying), Dio ('nuff said), Sevendust (Seasons album mostly, the others don't really do it for me), Public Enemy...too many to list, really.
And for the times when I need to concentrate, stuff like Nicholas Jaar, Loop Guru (3rd Chamber album), John Coltrane (A Love Supreme album).
In case it's useful for anyone, I also like to add in this in the background when I can - http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/isochronicBrainwaveGenerator.php - maybe it works, maybe it's all placebo but....