• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What do you listen to?

Steerpike

Felis amatus
And speaking of cool but obscure Rolling Stones covers:

Last edited by a moderator:

afrisch

Dreamer
I listen to a variety, though when writing, prefer instrumentals so I don't accidentally add lyrics:eek: I listen to mainly smooth Jazz (Dave Koz, Brian Culbertson), to ambiance, such as Andreas Vollenweider, Enigma, and Delirium, and can go up to the harder stuff, including Def Leppard, Emigrate, and Rammstein. Whatever the mood desires at the time!

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
I am listening to Freya's Theme by Leaves' Eyes, right now:

[video=youtube_share;_GBchsaurlk]http://youtu.be/_GBchsaurlk[/video]

Is that cool or what?!

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Holy crap. Turns out one of my favorite bands from Sweden put out a CD last year and I didn't even know it!

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Makes me remember the first song of theirs I ever heard, back when I was in high school.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
What do you get when you mix death metal, doom, and a Christian band from Australia? A pretty epic song, and one of the best doom album intros ever.

Nihal

Vala
OST, OST, OST! Games, movies, animes, I don't care. I really like the orchestral ones, they're full of emotion. I'm always lookig for new ones because they also get me in creation-mode.

(0:55+ gives me goosebumps)

If I'm not listening orchestral OSTs I may be listening some Rock or... Jpop. The last one gets me in killer mode, I'm not really found of jpop but sometimes I need it's energy.

Codey Amprim

Staff
Article Team
Hmm, so many people who are into fantasy seem to listen to heavy metal. I wonder what the connection is.

That's something I've thought about, too. I don't want to start any music feuds on here, but I believe that type of music has a lot more depth than that of most other genres. Not that it is true with every song or band, but for the most part I would say metal or hard rock music has much more effort put into it than most other genres (obviously orchestral music is exempt from that).

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
It's 2O1O!

Well… it was.

(Am I the only one here who fondly remembers Street Fighter 2010? "Fondly" being the operative word? And "remembers" being the other operative word?)