1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

The worst movie ever...

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by Caged Maiden, May 12, 2012.

1. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Did I already mention Batman and Robin? When I saw that in the theater, I remember a scene with Dr. Freeze on the phone. Arnold actually looked bored doing that scene.

And him talking tough as he shares a cell with Poison Ivy, like he's going to make prison life miserable for her but in a PG-13-friendly way. Okay… so after he torments her or threatens to, what? He sleeps, she kisses him, he dies?

2. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Batman and Robin was indeed awful. Three words: BAT CREDIT CARD.

3. Legendary Sidekick

I forgot about the card.

I didn't forget The Thin Red Line when Woody Harrelson blew his butt off with a hand grenade and cried, "Now I'm gonna die with no ass." I couldn't feel sad or amused. Just bored. And ripped off.

4. Caged Maiden

Caged Maiden Staff Article Team

hah that line is awesome! And I, too, liked Pitch Black. Now, Meet Joe Black... there was a stinker...

5. Legendary Sidekick

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
    Reaver likes this.
  6. Legendary Sidekick

I'm a little freaked out that I ripped apart that movie without even remembering its name, and not twelve hours later I see this ad on DeviantArt:

[​IMG]

7. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Auror

The absolute worst movie, ever:

Message from Space

No competition, no question. Take a look at the trailer (link above) and that's the 'positive' highlights of the film...

8. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

Yeah, I'm sure I'm going to go see that one.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2017
  9. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

As God(Morgan Freeman) said "You can't sit down in the middle of a freeway..." You can't stand in a busy street and not get hit.

The thing about the worst movie ever...When you think they finally hit rock bottom, they penetrate another core and go deeper.

10. Scribble

Scribble Archmage

I can think of so many bad movies, some of them involving nipples on super-hero suits, or a certain red-haired swordswoman in misogynistic plots. There are movies that are bad because they lack a good writer, director, and actors. Sometimes, I can forgive all these and just enjoy what is there.

What I think makes a really bad movie is one that had everything going for it, but somehow it still failed, for me, at least. This being very subjective, as a science geek, when I watch a "science fiction" movie, I expect certain things.

The dumbness of Prometheus was so profound I couldn't begin to point out all the glaring holes. I was so excited about it, but they failed to make a movie I could enjoy. A first year science student could have helped them with the story. They would have done it for free... biologists taking their helmets off on a planet that has life... um microbes?... yeah, just breathe em in, what could go wrong? If you know nothing about science or medicine, then this might be a good little story.

Whatevs. I was so peeved I couldn't be bothered to write a review. I did however write one of After Earth.

1/5 stars

When Gandalf was saved by the eagle, I cheered. When Jaden was saved by the eagle, I laughed. You have to frame the story with it's own logic. You can't just throw magic in there while pretending it's science, or you lose me.

Reaver likes this.
  11. Legendary Sidekick

Reaver likes this.
  12. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

UGH...After Earth was godawful. Prometheus was so terrible it was funny. I especially like the end where this giant ship is toppling over and the chick is running away IN A STRAIGHT LINE. That scene was hilarious!

But even worse was the ending bridge scene of The Fast and the Furious 6 (that's no typo friends, this franchise has SIX steaming piles of shit in its corral and number 7 is currently passing through some Hollywood exec's colon as I type).

I won't describe it here...a scene this horribly funny has to be experienced

Scribble and T.Allen.Smith like this.
  13. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

Running in a straight line was is an unfortunate device from every bad horror movie. Makes no sense. One of the other stupid things about that movie was that the guy who was supposed to be a biologist had no protocol whatsoever for dealing with unknown alien life forms.

Scribble likes this.
  14. T.Allen.Smith

T.Allen.Smith Staff Moderator

That gave me a good chuckle. It's a sad state of affairs that there's a market for these.

Reaver and Scribble like this.
  15. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Definately and literally, overkill.

16. Scribble

Scribble Archmage

I don't get it because Scott is not a dumb guy, he's rolling the Prophets of Science Fiction show, which is awesome, and he's got Blade Runner under his belt... I dunno what happened there. Disaster.

For a good laugh at Prometheus, check out this very spoilerific spoof trailer:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  17. Shockley

Shockley Maester

I would say that some obscure Bulgarian snuff film probably ranks up there, but I've never seen that.

Out of the movies I have physically seen, Cannibal Holocaust, and only because I was pre-aware of the treatment of animals on the set.

18. Sparkie

Sparkie Auror

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  19. Bruce McKnight

Bruce McKnight Troubadour

I'll assume you all know better than to watch anything with Julia Roberts and Meg Ryan, but one movie that I especially disenjoyed that other people seemed to like was Jerry Maguire. The guy had a job and woman then got a new job and a new woman. How did that take two and a half hours of my life?

20. Nihal

Nihal Vala

I usually stay away from bad movies and couldn't recall something bad enough to be mentioned there.

Today some channel was reprising Van Helsing. It might not be the worst movie, but I can't understand how someone would pour so much money into a movie (good effects for its time, good environment and some decent character designs, stars casting, etc) and pick such a terribly written story.